GRI is a leading specialty tire producer in Sri Lanka. We have been supplying tires to more than 50 countries worldwide since 2002. GRI has sales offices in the United States, Germany,France, Netherlands, Spain, the Baltics and Australia. We produce high-performance tires for Agriculture, Material Handling and Construction vehicles.
We are looking for an experienced individual to fill the following vacancy immediately at our Head Office in Colombo 04.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understanding existing and emerging technologies
a. Deep and broad knowledge base in technology for the manufacturing industry
b. Technical skillsets in ERPs, HR tools, financial tools, Productivity tools, Planning tools, and big data tools.
c. Knowledge in finding information and changing technology
2. Designing technical architecture
a. Ability to build systems to reduce all non-value-adding manual activities
b. Ability to use technology to create manufacturing excellence. Eg Automate material movement in the factory
c. Drive cost-effective methods to drive up productivity
3. Integrating systems
a. Ability to automate ordering supplies, managing inventory, supply chain processing.
b. Streamline the operation by allowing production and planning to control the complex interactions
4. Understanding business practices, approaches, organization politics, and culture
a. Ability to drive change in the group by understanding and embracing the culture and work ways in the organization.
5. Managing projects; planning, prioritizing and administering work
a. Deep knowledge and ability to plan and execute technology-based projects.
b. Develop employees to embrace technology and drive productivity
c. Completion of all agreed projects on time
d. No rollover of projects that are agreed for theQuarter
6. Communicating and listening; gathering information
a. Ability to work with divisions and understand the“As-Is” status prior to engaging a project
b. Drive buy-in, post technology projects to get the best outcome
7. Thinking strategically
a. Ability to understand the group strategy and develop a technology strategy for the group.
8. Influencing and persuading
9. Being adaptable
a. Ability to change with the macro-environmental changes impacting profit.
CriticalKPIs to be achieved through technology
i. Reduction of Man-hours
ii. Reduction of Throughput time
iii. Reduction of DFC
iv. Increased Customer satisfaction
v. Increase MTD
vi. Reduction of Cost per Kg
The ideal candidate should possess the following key drivers:
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
· 2-5 years of working experience in operations
· Experience in leading and managing large projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
· Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems and phone systems
· Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
· Excellent project management skills with a strong ability to prioritize
· Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
· 30 -35
GRI offers a very competitive remuneration and benefits package to the right candidates.
Please send your CV to