GRI produces high-grade specialty tires that are built sustainably using pure natural rubber in Sri Lanka. Founded in 2002, the company produces material handling solid tires, radial agriculture tires, and construction tires. GRI has offices and operations in nine countries including the United States, Germany, France, Netherlands, Spain, the Baltics and Australia, with a business presence in more than 50 countries worldwide.
We are on the lookout for an exceptionally self-motivated and driven individual, with high levels of energy, a deep passion for Talent Development, and above all, the perseverance to win, as Accountant.
CriticalTasks and Expected Contributions:
· Perform full scope of processing for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Trade finance accounting, group consolidation, staff reimbursements and intercompany billing.
· Ensure revenue recognition in compliance with IFRS15.
· Review expense transactions to ensure correct mapping of the GL accounting string and ensure these are recorded accurately and on time.
· Prepare monthly journal entries and ensure these are appropriately approved and posted on time.
· Prepare GST reports supporting the accuracy and completeness of GST returns.
· Perform monthly reconciliation of GL accounts as assigned.
· Investigate reconciling items and help improve the reconciliation status.
· Work closely with other team members to support finance operational activities.
· Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
· Support HOD and broader finance team in various ad projects.
· Assist in other general day-to-day finance operations and control activities as required.
· Coordinate with external auditors and tax agents on audit and corporate tax return matters.
KeyChallenges/Anticipated Changes in the Environment
· Working with cross-functional teams in a global environment
· Strong sense of ownership and willingness to move forward despite ambiguity.
· Ability to effectively solve problems and collaborate with others to resolve issues.
Experience/Knowledge, Education and Other Requirements:
· Graduate in Finance/Accounting or CharteredAccountant
· Strong knowledge of IFRS, and INCO terms.
· Prior working experience in a global trading organization is preferred but not essential.
· Able to work independently as well as within a team in a fast-paced environment.
· Proactive with good time management and problem-solving skills
· Team player with the ability to work with a broad range of people across the organization.
· Practical verbal and written communication skills
· Good IT knowledge and solid Excel skills will be beneficial.
· Accuracy and attention to detail
GRI offers a very competitive remuneration and benefits package to the selected candidate.
Please send your CV to